Sugar Land Home Insurance – Protection for Homeowners
Hoffman Insurance Group takes homeowners insurance seriously. Homeowners insurance compensates you for losses to your home and your household possessions, so purchasing a homeowners insurance policy provides added security for your investment.
The Best Type of Homeowners Insurance Coverage for Your Family?
Living in Sugar Land Texas with the violent weather that seem to occur in southeast Texas on a regular basis, makes homeowners insurance a necessity. Finding the best Sugar Land home insurance coverage for your family can be a time consuming affair. With a growing number of confusing-sounding types of policies and many different coverage options, you might feel as if you need an advanced degree to navigate the field. Before you think seriously about going back to school, take a moment to review your homeowners insurance options.
Homeowners Insurance: A Brief Review
Homeowners insurance is a form of insurance coverage that protects your home and property from specific damages, dangers and liability claims. Each policy’s coverage is divided into two main categories:
- Property Protection: This type of coverage generally pertains to “loss of use” or physical damages to the structures and personal possessions on the insured property.
- Liability Protection: This usually covers legal and medical costs that arise from the personal injury lawsuits or other legal actions that visitors to your property may bring.
It is important to note that most homeowners insurance policies come with pre-defined deductibles. After your insurer grants your claim, it will only compensate you for financial damages that exceed your deductible amount. For instance, a policy with a $5,000 deductible will require you to pay $5,000 toward the cost of claim-related damages before absolving you of further financial responsibility. Accordingly, it is prudent to assess the value of any covered damages or liabilities before filing a claim with your provider.
All homeowners insurance policies include some form of property protection, but their covered perils and exemptions may vary widely. Before taking out a policy, determine the covered perils that fall into each of these four categories:
- Dwelling: This coverage pertains to the main structure of your home as well as its infrastructure.
- Outbuildings: This coverage pertains to sheds, detached garages, huts and other structures on your property.
- Personal property: With some exclusions, this covers damaged furniture, electronics and other non-structural items of value in your house.
- Loss of use: Under certain circumstances, this covers expenses incurred if your home is rendered uninhabitable by covered damages.
Also, be sure to look for any exemptions that might reduce the perceived value or usefulness of this part of your policy. Common exemptions might include damage caused by flood, earthquakes, household pests and homeowner negligence as well as motor vehicle issues and animal injuries.
Again, it is crucial to examine the precise events, incidents and claims to which your liability protection coverage pertains. Liability protection usually covers legal expenses and judgments related to personal injury suits that guests or contractors bring against you or your family. They may also include coverage for medical costs incurred by injured parties.
Extra Coverage and Endorsements
If your family’s home is at greater risk for certain perils that might not be covered adequately, consider adding extra coverage or endorsements to your policy. These are best discussed with an experienced homeowner insurance agent. They may include:
- Coverage for high-value assets like jewelry, stamp collections, coins, antiques and more
- Theft coverage for items stolen out of vehicles or watercraft on your property
- Guaranteed replacement coverage that covers the cost of a new home in the event of a total loss
- Second residence coverage
- Flood insurance
What Type of Homeowners Insurance Coverage Is Best For Your Family?
If homeowners insurance seems like a confusing, complicated topic, the Hoffman Insurance Group is here to help. We offer protection for homeowners including your structure, contents, liability and more. Whether you live in Sugar Land, Houston or anywhere in Texas, call one of our agents at Hoffman Insurance Group today and let’s discuss your insurance needs. When you place your trust in our seasoned, dedicated insurance team, you can count on quality coverage for your entire family. Our experts can also provide you with Sugar Land auto insurance and Sugar Land health insurance coverage that fits your needs.